Orange Tree Staffing
Orange Tree Staffing is seeking a Special Education Paraprofessionals to make a difference with students at Sarasota County Schools!
Are you looking to make a difference in a child’s life within your community? When you join Orange Tree Staffing, LLC, you partner with a team making a positive difference with our children. OTS is committed to establishing life-long learning results by supporting and empowering therapists and educators through continuing education, communication, and support. These opportunities are in school settings and follow the school year calendar, servicing preschool, elementary, middle, and high school populations. We strive to place you with the school that best matches you.
- Associates Degree OR
- A passing score on the Para Pro Assessment Test (With Proof of Passing)
- Must successfully complete verbal and physical CPI training within the probationary period.
- At time of hire, may be required to register for and successfully complete forty (40) hours of Training / workshops in the area of autism and/or related disorders to obtain ASD certification by the end of the probationary period.
- Independently supervise and implement instruction to students as assigned. Assist staff members with behavioral management.
- Assist in creating a safe learning environment and workplace.
- Implement classroom activities as directed.
- Assist with the preparation of accurate records, reports and other clerical duties as assigned.
- Assist with the development of instructional materials.
- Assist with personal care and hygiene including but not limited to diapering, toileting, feeding, and medical tasks.
- Assist with school wide supervisory tasks as assigned.
- Assist with assessing student progress.
- Communicate effectively with staff and parents.
- Use specialized equipment as required.
- Intervene in situations concerning discipline of students when students’ health and/or safety is at risk.
- Demonstrate initiative in the performance of assigned responsibilities.
- Model and maintain high ethical standards.
- Follow attendance, punctuality and proper dress rules.
- Maintain confidentiality regarding school matters.
- Maintain positive relationships with staff and vendors.
- Participate in workshops and training sessions as required to meet the needs of the classroom and student population.
- Keep supervisor informed of potential problems or unusual events.
- Respond to inquiries and concerns in a timely manner.
- Follow all School Board policies, rules and regulations.
- Exhibit interpersonal skills to work as an effective team member.
- Demonstrate support for the School District and its goals and priorities.
- Sustained focus and attention to detail for extended periods of time.
- Perform other incidental tasks consistent with the goals and objectives of this position.
- Weekly Pay
- Direct Deposit
- Schedule: Monday- Friday, Daytime Hours
- Paid general and professional liability insurance
- 24/7 accessibility, support, and mentoring from OTS
- Stipend towards completed background checks
- Referral bonus
- Access to medical, dental, and vision, benefit plans